Highlights by sector
Our experience spans industry sectors including:
Advertising, media, sports and entertainment
- Providing on going assistance on IP / IT issues to an Italian TV broadcaster and its movie production affiliate company.
- Advised a foreign broadcasting company on regulatory compliance in Singapore in anticipation of a review of satellite broadcasting.
- Advised an international auto racing team in a range of IP and IT related issues including IP and software licenses, R&D and technology transfer agreements, website agreements and a technology supply agreement with a leading Spanish telecom company.
- Managed the IP portfolio for an international known and highly regarded airline.
Biomedical sciences and biotechnology
- Acted for a major Italian manufacturer in the bio-medical and electro-medical equipment sector in pursuing a claim for patent infringement of one of its devices used for carrying out specific surgical procedures.
- Managed the IP portfolio for a US Electronics Fortune 500 company.
- Advised a Shanghai-based company on their rights under a technology license agreement with a US company.
- Managed the IP portfolio for a Dubai-based manufacturer of consumer electronics.
Engineering and telecommunications
- Acted for a leading Japanese manufacturer in a dispute over alleged infringement of a patent relating to the computer control systems of food packaging machinery.
- Represented a Swiss electrical device manufacturer in assertion of its patent rights.
- Advised in the acquisition by a US technology company of software and intellectual property assets from an embedded software company in Moscow and related technology service agreements with an affiliated entity in British Virgin Islands.
- Advised a local mobile communications company on the acquisition of mobile traffic technology from a US company
- Advised a system integration and digital services company on the acquisition of the entire issued share capital of a UK-based IT consultancy provider which specializes in BizTalk services. Corporate, tax, employment, IP and property advice were also provided.
- Acted for a leading Italian manufacturer of explosives and specialty chemicals in a long-running design right case involving multiple warhead systems. The case was notable as the Court, for the first time, had to assess the impact of the alleged infringers' mental capacity in deciding whether the alleged acts amounted to infringements under the wording of the relevant legislation.
- Advised a Singapore-based mobile communications company on the acquisition of mobile traffic technology from a US company.
Fashion and design
- Assisted a French fashion brand in setting-up a worldwide ecommerce platform including all related IP, consumer law and data protection aspects.
- Providing ongoing assistance to a well-known luxury Italian jewellery brand in connection with their intellectual property rights, including trademark and design matters.
- Drafted and negotiated IT contracts in relation to the information platforms and customised services of a top Italian fashion company.
- Assisted a well-known Italian fashion company on the successful completion of 5 administrative proceedings before the Chinese trademark authority against third party entities who registered the company's brand in China without the owner's consent. These were ground-breaking decisions, acknowledging the rights of well-known trademark owners against infringers.
Hospitality and leisure
- Managed the IP portfolio for an international chain of luxury resorts.
- Advised a UK company on the IP aspects of their acquisition of a local company providing online hotel reservation services.
- Managed the IP portfolio for a Singapore-based online entertainment platform provider.